Apply for a Ron Rankin Booster Grant
UCSF Partners in Care funds high impact grants for patient care and family service programs that offer comfort, relief, healing and assistance to UCSF patients and their families. We are currently inviting applications for the 2015 Ron Rankin Booster Grant.
Applications for the 2015 Ron Rankin Booster Grant will be accepted between October 15 and November 14, 2014.
Ron Rankin Booster Grant
The Ron Rankin Booster Grant was established in 2010 by Ron Rankin, a former board member of the UCSF Medical Auxiliary, who served from 1978 through the merger with Mt. Zion in 2009. The Ron Rankin Booster Grant is designed to inspire innovation and promote new directions that support UCSF’s patients and family members.
The Ron Rankin Booster Grant places an emphasis on innovation in addressing patient and family needs at UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital. The proposed program should be consistent with UCSF Medical Center values of caring, healing, teaching and discovery.
The grant will provide one-time “start-up” funding for a new or experimental program offering patient and/or family benefit. The expectation is that successful programs will find alternative funding sources at the end of the grant year.
Grant funding is NOT applicable toward:
- Major scientific research
- Currently on-going and funded programs
- Operating expenses
- Continuing medical education for professionals
- Purchase of medical equipment
- Transportation expenses
This grant provides calendar year funding for projects operating within the 11-month period of February 1 to December 31.
- October 15 to November 14, 2014 at 5:00 pm.
- Applications will NOT be accepted after 5:00pm, November 14, 2014.
Notification of Award
- January, 2015
- DOWNLOAD Application HERE: 2015 Ron Rankin Booster Grant application
- Complete off-line;
- Save as an electronic file;
- Attach and send to the following email address:
SUBJECT: 2015 Ron Rankin Booster Grant Application
- Complete applications must be submitted electronically and in the specified template.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Questions regarding the application should be directed to:
Mary Sullivan, Grant Distribution Council Director
UCSF Partners in Care Board of Directors