Apply for a Ron Rankin Booster Grant
UCSF Partners in Care funds high impact grants for patient care and family service programs that offer comfort, relief, healing and assistance to UCSF patients and their families. We are currently inviting applications for the 2017 Ron Rankin Booster Grant.
Applications for the 2017 Ron Rankin Booster Grant will be accepted between October 1 and December 12, 2016.
Ron Rankin Booster Grant
The Ron Rankin Booster Grant was established in 2010 by Ron Rankin, a former board member of the UCSF Medical Auxiliary, who served from 1978 through the merger with Mt. Zion in 2009. The Ron Rankin Booster Grant is designed to inspire innovation and promote new directions that support UCSF’s patients and family members.
The Ron Rankin Booster Grant places an emphasis on innovation in addressing patient and family needs at UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital. The proposed program should be consistent with UCSF Medical Center values of caring, healing, teaching and discovery.
The grant will provide one-time “start-up” funding for a new or experimental program offering patient and/or family benefit. The expectation is that successful programs will find alternative funding sources at the end of the grant year.
Grant funding is NOT applicable toward:
- Major scientific research
- Supplemental funding for pre-existing programs
- Continuing medical education for professionals
- Purchase of medical equipment
- Transportation expenses
This grant provides calendar year funding for projects operating within the period of February 1 2017 – December 31 2017.
- Submission Deadline: 5.00pm Monday December 12, 2016
Notification of Award
- January, 2017
- DOWNLOAD Application HERE: 2017 Ron Rankin Booster Grant Application
- Complete off-line;
- Save as an electronic file;
- Attach and send to the following email address:
- TO: Grants@UCSFPartnersincare.org
- SUBJECT: 2017 Ron Rankin Booster Grant Application
- Complete applications must be submitted electronically and in the specified template.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Questions regarding the application should be directed to:
Pat Forsberg, Grant Distribution Council Director
UCSF Partners in Care Board of Directors