May 10, 2017
Welcome to membership with UCSF Partners in Care! We invite all members to come meet one another, socialize and learn more about what we do at our Annual Meeting & Social on June 28th at the St. Francis Yacht Club, beginning at 5:30pm. Tickets are available via Eventbrite.
Membership in UCSF Partners in Care does make a difference. Without your contribution or participation, UCSF Partners in Care would not be able to fund the many valued programs that touch the lives of thousands of patients and their families on a daily basis. Programs such as:
- Safe and sterile coping kits to distract and comfort patients in isolation;
- Small toys and games to help a harried parent calm siblings when one child must have a painful procedure or amputation;
- Aid homeless patients with clean, infection free clothing and footwear when released after emergency treatment;
- Sleep sacks that help prevent Sudden Infant Death Syndrome for neonatal intensive care babies, of special value to young single mothers,
- Self care instruction videos for patients diagnosed with Breast Cancer Lymphedema;
- No One Dies Alone, which trains bedside volunteers to companionably comfort terminal patients who have no visitors.
If you were unable to attend or donate at one of our spring events, would you consider renewing your membership with a donation at this time? Your tax-deductible membership contribution will have a real impact when we award funding for new programs that begin in July 2017. Contributors of $75 or more — including those who purchased tickets to Soiree — qualify as paid members.
We look forward to welcoming you as a fellow member and supporter of our/your community.
Tara Childress, Director, Membership
Adrienne Mally, Board President